The Zoo is spread out along the river “Subarna Rekha”, a part of it going around the “Jayanti Sarover” making the area take the shape of a ‘T’. Being in close proximity to the river, it has the advantage of good drainage.
The zoo has the following:
- A circular road around the lake and has well laid-out pathways for visitors’ viewing and services
- A well connected main sewer line
- A well laid out water supply system in the park
- 3 numbers of deep bore wells in the park
Well laid out electric lines, road lights
- Well developed drainage system
- Firewood fed incinerator for disposal of wastes.
- 5 kiosks/ restaurant for public
- 5 nos public toilets
3 nos of children play areas and one picnic area
- Parking area for vehicles out side the main entry gate of the park.
- Water cooling machines for drinking water
- Rain shelters well spread out in the park
- Boating facility in “Jayanti Sarover”.
- 28 nos of animal enclosures have open viewing system developed on modern concepts.
- Nature Education Centre with good library is available for educational programmes and study by the visitors.